Home

Monday, May 23, 2011

Dear Readers,

Are any of you still out there? Anyone still interested in this blog? Well, actually I know there are at least a couple. Thank you to those who let me know that you love this blog, even when I wasn't updating. I appreciate your love and support.

You see, dear readers, I needed to take a break. In life it is so important to have our priorities in order. It's important that we keep our life in balance. Once out of balance it becomes incredibly difficult to get through each day with any semblance of grace. The days start to go off kilter. Then the weeks are no longer balanced. Soon your life begins to feel crazy and hard. All because your balance was a bit off.

I made a decision before I was ever pregnant that when I became a mother I wanted to stay at home with my children. My mom stayed home with us, and it was the greatest gift she could have ever given me or my siblings. I loved coming home to my mom. And on the rare day that she wasn't there when I got home from school my day felt off. I hated those afternoons until she came home. Even if I had nothing to talk to her about, even if I planned to go to my room and start on my homework, even on those days I wanted to know my mom was in the house. That's what I wanted to give my children as well. I mean look at him, wouldn't you want to hang out with this cutie too?


I am fortunate enough to have a husband who is willing to be the sole bread winner. I'm so thankful for his support so that I can indeed stay at home. But I get romanced by the idea of doing everything all at once. I am in awe of all the wonderful things that women manage to do. And I want to be part of that as well. I want to make a difference in the world. But you see, I made a choice. There is a season in our lives for all things, and right now is the season for me to chase a crazy toddler. I love being at home with my son every day. But there are times when I feel I need to be doing more. More blogging, more yoga teaching, more cooking, more exercise, more service. There is always more I want to do. And then when I bite off too much important priorities get all mixed up. You know, like life with my family.

So I decided to take a break. I decided to just stop most of the "extra" and get the basics back in order. And it felt oh so good. I have to admit that there are times I feel pressure to write really awesome material on this blog for all of you good people. And sometimes it overwhelms me. I forget that this blog is about being raw. About being me. I don't have to put on a show. The point is to stop that show and just be un-apologetically me.

Today I came back to this blog ready to start over. Ready to keep going. Life is back in order. And you know what I found? Kendra over at Voice in Recovery also took a blog hiatus to get life back in order. Ah, validation how I love you and wish I didn't. She said something very important: "I was being an active participant in my life." Yes. We all need to do this: actively participate in our lives. And when we find that the balance is being taken over by just one thing, it is time to take a break and reassess.

I highly recommend it.

But dear readers, you have not been forgotten. I thought about you while on my break. And now that I am rejuvenated I think that we will all be happier with this blog. Thank you for your support and kindness.

Love to all,
Melanee

P.S. Tomorrow I have a special assignment that I need help with. It involves lots of pictures of. . . me.