Home

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New Look and Feel

Well my dear readers, I have been absent a lot lately. But even though my time has been demanded elsewhere and I have had very little time to blog, my thoughts have not been far from you. I have been doing a lot of thinking about the future of this blog, and what I want to do with it.

I started this blog as a way for me to document my journey to self acceptance (as you well know), but to be honest, some days there just isn't that much to report. I find anymore that most days I am at peace with myself and my situation. There are moments and days that I still struggle, but I am making progress overall. There are times when I really don't have much to write about. You see, most of this is internal and undocumentable (is that a word?). So the question I have had is what to do here.

Since starting Mirror Health I have found that there are so many people who are struggling along with me. I have found that this is a place where people can come to be uplifted and to feel that they are not alone. As I have thought about this and the direction I want to go I have decided that I would like to move Mirror Health in a more collaborative direction. I would like to hear your voices. I think everyone can benefit by moving in that direction. We can all come together to share our good and bad days. Here is a safe place to express all your thoughts on body image.

So, I am going to be making some changes very soon. Good changes, I hope. I welcome your feedback. Please let me know what you think of this idea and any others that you might have as well. If you are ready to share your story, send me an email with it all typed out (and a picture if you can). I'll be posting your stories as they come in.

Thanks for caring about my journey. You have no idea the strength I have gathered from this blog. I hope now to share that strength, and to allow everyone to participate.

melanee.dahl@yahoo.com

No comments: