Home

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Easter Bunny Loves. . . Granola

It's been a long time since I've shared a recipe on here. In fact, I bet my fellow Whole Living Community members are wondering if I even know what whole foods are:) I thought perhaps now would be a good time to share. Maybe some of this tasty stuff could find it's way into an Easter basket or two. It tastes as good or better than most candy I've tried. And it's so super easy.

And while we are sharing wonderful Easter goodie ideas I thought I'd share a video as well. This Easter we can all rejoice and be thankful (as with every Easter) that the Lord has risen.


Peanut Butter Granola

5 cups Six Grain Cereal
1 cup sugar free peanut butter
1 cup Honey or Agave
1/2 cup Olive Oil
1 pkg sugar free, organic chocolate chips (or about 2 to 3 cups depending on preference)

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. 
  2. Mix the cereal, peanut butter, honey, and olive oil in a large bow. 
  3. Spray a cookie sheet with olive oil.
  4. Spread cereal mixture evenly on the cookie sheet.
  5. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
  6. Place back in a bowl and allow to cool.
  7. Stir in chocolate chips (if desired, it tastes awesome without them too).
  8. Store in Ziploc bag or airtight container.
Have a wonderful Easter!