Home

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dear LITM Friends,

Originally posted September 5, 2011


I am still alive. Thought you'd like to know. I want to say welcome to the new folks who have befriended this site. I'm happy to have you as part of this community. I received this note on Facebook the other day:
"Hey! Miss you--come back already!"
So I figured it was time to write a little something. Pregnancy has wiped me out. I've been tired, busy, cranky, tired, sick, tired, and busy. Did I mention tired? I'm 16 weeks today and am doing rather well, but as I mentioned, I'm tired. So some things have taken a backseat. Unfortunately I've let this blog become one of those things. The truth is, I feel just as passionate about the things I write about here as ever. I even feel that over the past few months I've come to understand my own message better than ever before. But the effort to post has been too much and thus I've not taken the time. The reality is that my life is changing and I will not be able to post as frequently as I used to. However, I value this blog and this community, so I am promising to make a better effort. I'll update at least once a week. I hope we can continue to have good discussions. I also want you all to know that I'm available on Facebook and Twitter for discussions. Let's grow our little community shall we?
In other news, I'm so relieved that it's September (I wish it was February, but one month at a time). The heat has mercifully given way to slightly cooler temperatures for the time being. That alone has helped me come back to life. I've been working hard on the Yoga Studio. I hope to be done in another week or two. It's looking great. I'm excited to share photos with all of you. We are also right in the midst of harvest season for pears. We have 4 pear trees and they are fully loaded this year. I have a lot of work to do. My son is growing as is the little one in my belly (and thus I'm growing, but we'll save that discussion for another post another day). Life is good and I'm so very blessed.
How have all of you been this summer? Anyone planning on doing some canning? What is it you're putting away? Let me know.