Home

Monday, April 30, 2012

Ode to Dads


Originally posted June 20, 2011
I realize up front that not everyone has an ideal situation when it comes to a father figure. I realize that not everyone agrees on what "ideal" even means. But in my life I have been blessed to be surrounded by wonderful fathers and feel that this has been influential in my life.
The father's in my life haven't come just in the form of my own great and amazing dad, but in my uncles, my friend's fathers, my amazing father-in-law, my dear brother-in-laws, and of course, my own husband. These men are great.
My father with my son.
I am so thankful for a father who was supportive of my dreams. For a father who loves me and wants me to be happy. I'm thankful that he taught me to work. That is a priceless lesson. I can't tell you how much fun my siblings and I had jumping on top of dad and using him as a trampoline. My own son has started doing this with his dad. It takes me back to those days. I thank both my parents for enabling me to live the life I want.
To my husband, I'm so excited to be taking the journey of parenthood together. What an experience it has been so far. I am blessed to have overwhelming support from him. I mean, how many men do you know that would give up their shop and move into the chicken coop so you could have a yoga studio? He's amazing.
I guess with all of this I'm saying, thanks to the men in my life for being wonderful fathers. I hope you have a father figure of some form in your life. And I hope they felt celebrated yesterday. Isn't it great to have family.