Home

Monday, April 30, 2012

To Helmer and back

Originally posted July 13, 2011



Helmer, Idaho that is. My little one and I had to take an unexpected trip up to see my parents. My mom was in need of some assistance. A few weeks ago my mom was catering a big party. She picked up a roasting pan that was filled too full. The boiling water started to pour over her hands, but she was standing near a bunch of children and wasn't able to just drop the pan. She's lucky she didn't need skin grafts. Originally we thought the burns would heal in just a week, but a week came and went and the burns were still horrible. So Cormac and I packed up to go help out. I don't think we were much help, but we were glad to be a distraction to my mom from her pain.
Where is Helmer, Idaho? The middle of nowhere. I spent the whole week unplugged. It was nice, but I'm sorry I didn't give you a heads up that I was leaving. But the truth is there are times in our lives when there are more important things that have to take over. Cormac had a wonderful time, but he missed his daddy terribly. I missed his daddy too. We are glad to be home. It's a good 12 hour drive. Mom has a long way to go before she'll be all the way better, but she is getting more movement. I was going to post pictures of her hands, but on second thought they are pretty gruesome, so I'll spare you. Anyway, I'm back. And I have a special guest post for you tomorrow. It's good to be home.