Home

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Yoga in the Park

I love yoga. It has helped my life in so many ways. Yoga has helped me along my journey to accept myself as I am. Yoga has helped me to cope with the stress in my life at various stages. Yoga has helped me deal with my intense pain that I sometimes have. Yoga has helped me to get in shape. Yoga has helped me to be more flexible. Yoga has given me a whole new perspective on life.

Now before you say, "That's really nice for you, Melanee. But I can't do yoga because I'm not flexible," or I'm not strong enough, or I don't understand it, etc., etc., etc., let me tell you that I know all your excuses and they won't work on me. Yoga is for everyone. People look at yoga and they see people doing things like this and think they could never do yoga:



I once was in this camp as well. But yoga isn't about doing crazy things with your body, although that can be a fun side effect. Yoga is about being good to your body. It's about turning your attention inside and nourishing your body. Yoga should be about you and only you. It is about what your body needs to help it along the path to health, peace, and enlightenment.

True yogis are non-judgmental when it comes to yoga practice. I could barely touch my toes when I started. Now I can touch my toes and then some. If you have never tried yoga I encourage you to try it out.

Good news if you want to try, or if you already do yoga! If you are in the Utah County area I am going to be teaching a FREE yoga class on Tuesday mornings in the park. This is going to be a really laid back event. Please bring your kids, they can participate or play at the park. Please come ready to enjoy yourself. Right now it will just be once a week. If we get more interest I'll do more.

Please look at the tab called Yoga in the Park for more details. I really hope to see you there. It should be a rewarding and fun experience.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Mel you are amazing! I work Tuesdays so I won't be there but have fun! I have a friend who wrote a blog entry on why she loves her stretch marks and I just have to smile. Having children does change our bodies quite a bit doesn't it? You are amazing and beautiful and I miss you! http://heathon.blogspot.com/2010/03/why-i-love-my-stretch-marks.html

Anonymous said...

Mel, It makes my heart just ache for you knowing exactly how you feel. I am overweight as well, and I have ALWAYS hated my body. When I married I weighed 100 lbs, and since then gained about 50 lbs in 5 years. I have taken weight off over the years, but it always comes back much faster than it takes to get the dang crap off! Plus, I haven't had a baby and so NONE of mine is baby weight. That feels pretty crappy, trust me. But, I am the same way. I have NEVER been happy with my body, and even if I weighed 80 lbs, I still wouldn't be. Its a long process trying to accept myself, and I feel right back at the bottom with it. I feel like I do well for awhile, and then I am back at square one. Thanks for your blog you are helping me so much. I have never tried yoga, but I want to now. Thanks! You are so beautiful, even when you think its too hard to see. I love ya! Keira Feel free to call me anytime. I would love to see you and to talk anytime, I am always good for listening and knowing how you feel right now I truly do care. We can work through this and help each other, because heaven knows I need all the help and support I can get.801-836-1652
I will try to make it to your yoga class sometime, but I work in the mornings, so hopefully soon I can try it out.