Home

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Different Person Today

I can't go back to yesterday - 
because I was a different person then.
~Lewis Carroll

I love this quote. So often I fall into longing for the body I had when I got married. I long for things that are long gone. But I was a different person then. I don't really want to go back to earlier years. I would hate to lose the wisdom I have gained over the years. Granted I still have plenty to learn, but I feel like today I am much further along than ever before.

As we evolve over time and change we become a sum total of our experiences. We can choose how we let our experiences shape us. If we do it right we become beautiful, well adjusted, lovable people. That's what I'm striving for. So while I sometimes wish I was just skinny again, the truth is I'm happy as I am. I'm happy with the person that I am. No I'm not perfect, but then no one is. I'm alright. And though it isn't really in vogue to say things like that right now, that's the truth.

P. S. In honor of teen week you should check out Operation Beautiful. She is writing a book for teens and could use you messages of beauty. Share the beauty and the love.

No comments: