Home

Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Chapter - part two

Life's good.

Yes, it is true, I enjoy splitting up some of my posts. I think it helps the readability. Maybe not, but at least it keeps me from getting too long winded at one time.

Yesterday I told you all about how I'm starting my detox program for body and mind. I also started a new workout program to go along with it. The first two days of this program I only get green drinks. It is a liquid fast. Needless to say, I'm getting ready to actually add solids back into my life. I don't know how people do this for longer than two days.

Now I would like to tell you about some other new things. I have been going over the past entries in this blog and have found them to be somewhat down and depressing. The overall tone of this blog is rather down. Which I think is wrong. I don't know what it is about serious introspection that causes me to take a negative tone, but it doesn't have to be that way. I would imagine that some of my followers who have never met me might actually think I'm a rather depressed and gloomy person. I admit I do have days where I could be qualified as that, but on the whole I'm rather happy. I love my life. I find joy in every single day. Even the bad ones have joy in them.

As I've been thinking about this I have also realized that I have lost sight of why I even began this blog. I began this blog in an effort to help myself find health. I want to be healthy in body and mind. And I want to finally stop being so darn critical of myself. I have a right to think I'm a worthwhile person. I want to finally feel that way. In fact, I didn't even tell anyone about this blog in the beginning. I had been working on it for several weeks before I got up my courage to tell others that I had this blog.

Yet my focus of late has been about getting more followers. I want people to read and comment on my blog. I want to have a popular blog. Which is all fine, and honestly isn't a bad goal, but when I write like that my writing suffers and the blog loses it's purpose. I think it becomes fake.

So with this new chapter I'm taking back this blog. I'm going to write about the things that are impacting me personally. Even if it doesn't make me popular.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Melanee,
I haven't actually seen or spoken to you in over 8 years, but I began following your blog several months ago. I found it so intriguing that I went back and read all your previous posts too. I never leave comments on anything, but I just wanted you to know that I read this and I feel like it helps me at times.
I also have a problem loving my self image. I am slightly overweight (about 15 lbs after 2 kids isn't bad really), but I can't stand to see myself in the mirror. I know this is much more than actual looks, it is in my head. So I thank you for putting your thoughts out there and along the way making me think about my own thoughts of myself.