Home

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

The weekend went by way, way too fast. We are under construction here. We started re-doing our kitchen nearly a year ago. The last few weekends we have been finishing things up. By we I mean mostly my dear husband. He's been hanging sheetrock and doing the taping and mudding. Soon it will be my turn to take over with the texturing and painting. But with all the work the weekend seems to fly. Anyway, to ease us into another week I thought I'd link you to a few inspirational reads.


Did you know that this week is National Eating Disorders Awareness week? I'll be talking a little more about this as the week goes on, but please check out NEDA's website for ideas on how to get involved to spread the message of recovery.

~ Check out what Ashley has to say about The Great Calorie Debate. I love this.
~ Some reassurance that Self Love is not Selfish.
~ And while you are deciding to show yourself and others love you can read these 15 Ways to do just that.
~ If you need some inspiration for dinner you should look at Sprouted Kitchen. Yum!
~ This article was very thought provoking on What Would Happen If You Got What You Wanted.
~ Lastly, yesterday I wrote a rant about Pepsi's new slim can. Now I know that some people feel I was over reacting, and maybe there's some truth to that. However, I would like you to all read this post by Health For the Whole Self. I really want to say something nerdy like, "my sentiments exactly" because she eloquently puts into words my feelings as well.

Alright, I hope you enjoy these good reads as much as I did. What's that you say? It's Tuesday, not Monday? Wow, I guess I really am further behind than I thought.

2 comments:

Jenarcissist @ the closet narcissist said...

I'm so glad you're in on Positively Present too...such a great blog!

The article on what would happen if you got what you wanted was very poignant. There was an insecure time in my life when I was afraid that I'd get too much unwanted male attention if I lost weight. I actually think the opposite is true...when you're more confident and happy with how you look (regardless of what that means personally for you and *completely* aside from weight; please don't misunderstand!), you don't get as much of the grody type of attention as you do when you're insecure. Grody (and abusive) men pick up on insecurities and are intimidated by confidence, whereas great men are attracted by confidence.

I also used to fear coming across as a snob or making other people feel bad about themselves, like the article said, but why should we be martyrs? When we are kind and compassionate, most people are going to see the real us anyway and not harbor those kinds of misled feelings. That's why I'm no longer afraid to be a "narcissist." ;) There CAN be a healthy balance of thinking you're awesome and still being a caring person who isn't full of herself.

I hope everything I said makes sense and comes across the way I intended! :)

the narcissists' diary / the closet narcissist

Lisa Claudia Briggs said...

Hi Melanee-
I just found your blog after you linked to my blog post about "What Would Happen if You Got What You Wanted" - thanks so much for sharing that. I agree with Jen that many women are fearful of unwanted male attention, I've found many of my clients had bad experiences or some form of sexual trauma in the past. Learning to set clear boundaries helps keep us safe emotionally and physically.
Anyways, I appreciate the shout-out. I also share a lot on my new FB IntuitiveBody page every day and it's a great place to connect with me or ask me questions, so would love anyone to stop by and "Like" me there- Http://Facebook.com/IntuitiveBody

Thanks again for the mention. Great blog.

Love and Blessings,
Lisa
http://www.IntuitiveBody.com
Simple Sacred Solutions For Living Beautifully In Your Body